Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Tuesday's Trust - How Do We Have Hope without Despair? - Part Two







The LORD is there to rescue all who are discouraged and have given up Hope.

~Psalm 34:18 CEV


Tuesday's Trust

How Do We Have Hope without Despair?

Part Two







Despair is fleeting; Hope is eternal. 
~Angie Prince


~~~


We cannot appreciate The Light without first being aware of The Dark. 
~Rollin Prince


~~~



Despair haunts me at times. Especially when I get into a place of emptiness and purposelessness.

At those times, I don't know who I am; I don't know what I am capable of doing; I am challenged emotionally, mentally, physically, spiritually, and in strength and endurance. Grief and Trauma are depleting in and of themselves. It doesn't take much more impetus to lose my way and plummet on down into Despair. 

Then when I go before my God in prayer, I immediately feel regret that I have so little to offer Him as I know He sacrificed everything for me.









But then my LORD Jesus comes to me in compassion engulfing me with love. Of course He knows the despair that comes in the fight with Death and Evil. Of course our Father God knows the despair that comes with Child-Loss. 


With such sweet understanding and compassion coming my way, the tears begin to flow, and I am reminded that ALL of this suffering is because of Love for my Child, and that Love matters.


After all, what is our God? God IS Love.



Then I begin, again, to recognize: My suffering has meaning. My suffering is not for naught!

Why did our God allow Himself the suffering of Child-Loss? Why did our LORD allow Himself the suffering of Death? ALL for LOVE. ALL for LOVE. ALL for LOVE.

Why do I grieve my Child? ALL for LOVE.




My Hope returns. Our God values us and our suffering so much that He declares in His word,


"God draws close to the brokenhearted, and saves those who are crushed in spirit." 


Psalm 34:18








~~~



 "God heals the brokenhearted and bandages their wounds." 
Psalm 147:3









Why is God so attendant to the brokenhearted? And why would He store our tears in a bottle?



YOU keep track of all my sorrows. YOU have collected all my tears in YOUR bottle. You have recorded each one in YOUR book.
Psalm 56:8







Why would He collect our tears in His bottle?

He knows all of it... the tears, the suffering, the agony, and the depletion, is because of LOVE, Love for my child. 

He understands, and He embraces me.

It was because of God's love for us that He willingly gave up His only Son to die for us so that we might live, eternally, with Him.


For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish but have everlasting LIFE.
John 3:16







The world wants to shame me for my weakness and helplessness. They want it to go away, and for me to "move on" away from my suffering...

The LORD understands my suffering. He suffered too.

The Bible clearly tells us it was because of Jesus' love for us that He laid down His life for us, that we can live again, forever with Him.


This is how we know what LOVE is: Jesus Christ laid down His life for us.

1 John 3:16







And by His suffering, we also can heal. The Bible even tells us,

"By His wounds we are healed."

Isaiah 53:5 







Our Heavenly Father calls us to be like Jesus, take up our cross, be willing to suffer. Suffering has meaning. Suffering... because of Love.

And that is exactly who God says He IS… God IS Love. 

He suffered for Love. And we will suffer for Love.



God called you to do good, even if it means suffering, just as Christ suffered for you. He is your example and you must follow in His steps.


1 Peter 2:21










But His Love gives meaning to our suffering, restoring our Hope…




I begin to understand anew the value of my suffering. Even though it depletes me, my suffering has Meaning. 



And God begins pouring His hope back into my heart...




And Hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out His Love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom He has given us.
Romans 5:5






~~~




May our LORD touch you and fill you with His joy and peace along with His Hope…











Graphics, thanks to


Psalm 34:18  Lani Stites  ~Pinterest
Psalm 34:18 CEV 

The Word    Patty Berry   ~Pinterest
Psalm 56:8
http://www.pinterest.com/pin/96616354479550752/


God's Word   Addie Sutherland   ~Pinterest
John 3:16


God's Word   Addie Sutherland   ~Pinterest
1 John 3:16

Isaiah 53:5

1 Peter 2:21


The Word   Broaddus Shamblin   ~Pinterest
Romans 5:5

TwitThis

1 comment:

Finding Joy in Him said...

Thank you! Just what I needed.

Post a Comment