Friday, March 15, 2013

Wednesday's Woe - Ode to Joy... or Perhaps, Lid to Joy? ~Tommy Prince





Wednesday's Woe

Ode to Joy... or Perhaps, Lid to Joy?


~Tommy Prince







There seems to be an unseen lid on feeling good about things. It's like there's a limit to positive feelings. Positive feelings don't go as far as they used to, or only seem to go up to a certain level. It's like approaching things or events with a guardedness rather than an excitement or a reckless abandon. Spontaneity seems squelched or watered down.


Angie asks if I'm excited about the next band gig and I'll say, "I think so." I'm all too aware now of how things can fall apart or the unexpected can come our way.


The world is now seen as one large Trigger.

When I walk out the door, who or what will I see, and will it trigger me, and will I be able to handle it when I'm triggered? I seem to keep forgetting I am not the same person I was, and that the world as I once knew it has been shattered...





TwitThis

No comments:

Post a Comment