Friday, November 30, 2012

Friday's Faith - Requiem: Eric Wolterstorff in Memoriam - Part IV: What Eric, (the child) himself, might say...







Friday's Faith

Requiem: Eric Wolterstorff in Memoriam

Part IV:

What Eric, (the child) himself, might say





Part IV


In my Beginning is my end
In my end is my beginning
T. S. Eliot

O Lord, you have fathomed and known me;
...you know when I sit down or stand;
...you created my innermost parts
...as you wove me within the womb.
You saw me before I was born,
...my days were inscribed in your book
...they were all formed and set
...before a single one came to be!
Psalm 139

My heart is not proud,
my eyes are not haughty;
I am not intent on great things
nor achievements sublime.
My soul lies at rest
as quiet as a child;
my soul is as still as a babe
at its mother's breast.
Psalm 131

I depart in peace
for my eyes have seen your salvation.
You have shown me the path of life.
In your presence there is fulness of joy,
in your right hand are pleasures forevermore.
Psalm 16

In justice I go to behold your face;
I shall find joy in your likeness when I awake.
Psalm 17











Picture, thanks to Grieving Mother, Terria Brewer

TwitThis

No comments:

Post a Comment