Friday, May 25, 2012

Friday's Faith - Strength…by Faith…






Friday's Faith
Strength…by Faith…



… those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

~Isaiah 40:31



I awakened one morning this week (as I do many mornings these days), feeling completely exhausted before the day even started, but on this day especially so. (Ain't insomnia great?!) 

On top of a heavy-duty client-load this week, I was also to return the call of an attorney who may possibly need me to testify on a client's case in court this week. I prayed to the Lord, 

"God, You know how exhausted I am; there is NO way I can add traveling out of town to appear in a hotly contested court case, and do the testimony any justice in the exhausted state that I am in."

I prayed that He would either release me from the case, or have my energies restored by Him. I also prayed He would let His will be known and done in my life, and that if He wanted me to testify, reminded Him I could only do so by His strength

Later in the day as I was talking to the attorney who said he would definitely need me in court the next day, I began to notice that my energy had surged. 

I found that I not only felt strong enough to "do battle"; I actually felt strengthened and energized and found myself raring to "do battle"! 

The following day, Tommy and I drove to the out of town justice center, and sat down in the packed courtroom. We looked around in wonderment at all the uniformed officers bedecked with bullet-proof vests atop their uniforms and noted this was definitely not "traffic court" we were witnessing. (We later discovered Tommy was sitting right next to an alleged murder suspect!) 

My client leaned over and thanked me for coming, and I laughed and leaned over to her and whispered, 

"I live for days like this!"  

{As one of my former supervisors always said, "I am a human first, an advocate second, and a therapist third."} 

Later, I gave my testimony before the judge, and was questioned by both opposing sides of the court. As I answered, I surprised even myself with the strength behind my words. 

God came through in flying colors as He enabled me to fight hard for my client through my words. 

God indeed does work in mysterious ways, His wonders to perform! I am so thankful I was able to rise to the occasion with the help of my wonderful Lord, Himself our ever faithful Advocate!



New Living Translation (©2007)
And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Advocate, who will never leave you.

~John 14:16

New Living Translation (©2007) 
My dear children, I am writing this to you so that you will not sin. But if anyone does sin, we have an Advocate who pleads our case before the Father. He is Jesus Christ, the One who is truly righteous.

~I John 2:1
Some scripture capitalizations, mine











Picture and first Scripture, thanks to Daily Scripture eCard
Scriptures, New Living Translation of The Holy Bible, 2007
TwitThis

No comments:

Post a Comment