Monday, March 19, 2012

Tuesday's Trust - Where to Find Peace?

\

Tuesday's Trust

Where to Find Peace?


That in Me ye might have peace.
~John 16:33


These words have brought peace to me this morning. Sometimes our circumstances are so peaceful, that without knowing it we slip into finding our peace in them. Then something happens to disturb them and our peace is disturbed. Sometimes those about us are so dear that our hearts rest in them, and this is good, but it is not enough, for what if one, in whose love we trust, should disappoint us?


Our Lord did not say, These things [the things of Ch. 16] I have spoken unto you, that in your circumstances ye might have peace; or, These things I have spoken unto you that in the love of others ye might have peace; but He did say, "These things" --things of wonder, joy, sorrow, preparation-- "I have spoken unto you that in Me ye might have peace." (John 15:20)


. . . Is there any surprise of grief that our dear Lord has not foreseen?


Is there any wound to love that His love has not suffered?


"These things I have spoken unto you, that in Me ye might have peace."



~from Edges of His Ways, by Amy Carmichael



*****



“I have told you these things, so that in Me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”

~John 16:33





TwitThis

No comments:

Post a Comment