Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Wednesday's Woe - Breathings of My Heart - {A note to Daddy on his birthday, from Mommy and Merry Katherine}





Wednesday's Woe

Breathings of My Heart

{A note to Daddy on his birthday,
from Mommy and Merry Katherine}




"Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart."


~William Wordsworth






Breathings of My Heart



Tomorrow is your birthday ~

All is not lost;

Your life was saved and you are here,

And God has paid the cost.


But I am sad that you are sad ~

You lost your baby girl

And then no sweeter birthday had

As she had left your world.


If I could give you anything

To bring that sweet joy back,

To see your sadness soon take wing

And fill that awful lack,

I'd sell it all to pay that price

For you to have that joy,

To know that I could make all things nice

To soothe my birthday boy!


But alas, it is not mine to give

For it is only our Lord

Who enables us to live,

With the price that only He could afford.

But He assures me He did give

Our baby girl Life's reward,

And she does live now, just as clouds do sail,

She hovers near, just beyond the Veil.


So may He bless you with faith's eyes

To look up tomorrow

And see her in the skies,

Streaking through death's clouds of sorrow

To write out her heart's words,


"I love you, Dado! ~

Please don't be fooled by Death's dark shadow;

Your baby girl IS with you,

for in the Light of the Son, there IS no shadow!

Love and Kisses, Daddy ~

Your baby girl is ALWAYS with you!"










Poem - Breathings of My Heart - Angie Bennett Prince - 2/7/2012

TwitThis

No comments:

Post a Comment