Friday, February 10, 2012

Saturday's Sayings - Valentine's Day with Jesus





Saturday's Sayings

Valentine's Day with Jesus



Jesus does not send perfume
To linger in the air
Instead He sends salvation, sweet
To show how much He cares.


He doesn’t bring me candy hearts
In boxes of delight
Instead He always lets me know
I’m precious in His sight.


He doesn’t pass out pretty cards
Trimmed in shades of red
Instead He gave His life for me
His precious blood was shed.


He doesn’t hand out fancy gifts
Like we would send to mother
Instead He sends a message clear
To always love each other.


He doesn’t give me teddy bears
That whimper, “Please be mine”
Instead He gave His heart to me
I wear it all the time.


He doesn’t give me roses, pink
For all the world to see
Instead He gave eternal life
That’s good enough for me.


Author/Written By:
Marilyn Ferguson
©2003



*****





Gone, but Not Forgotten



The tender thoughts you left me
Come to my memory
Your loving smile, so precious
Will always be with me.


You visit me in summer
When flowers are in bloom
Upon a ray of sunshine
A star-lit night in June.


When winds are gently blowing
Across a cloudless sky
Within a rolling meadow
Where horse and cattle lie.


I see you in the treetops
As summer comes to be
In shadows, you do linger
A soul so young and free.


I see you in the garden
Your scent does fill the air
Just like a precious flower
A rose, so ever fair.


On country roads, I find you
Along the wooded lane
Within the distant thunder
I see you in the rain.


In early hush of morning
You come without a sound
Upon a blazing sunset
Your memory can be found.


Like sprigs of morning glory
Upon the vine, they grow
With branches reaching outward
Into my heart, you go.


Just like a special angel
God wrapped you in His care
And took you off to heaven
To live with Him, up there.


But often, I still see you
Upon a light blue sky
And long so much to hold you
Why did you have to die?


Author/Written By:
Marilyn Ferguson ©2007


*****




Whispers from Heaven



They say that life is fleeting
I know that this is true
I left this world so quickly
With no goodbye to you.


I know how much you miss me
Your tears fall ever light
The pillow where you lay your head
Is wet with them at night.


I know your heart is hurting
The words we left, unsaid
I love you’s, left unspoken
Are spinning in your head.


The strength that I have carried
That served to make you whole
Remains to make you stronger
Within your grieving soul.


For you see, while you were weeping
On the day I passed away
At the gravesite near the flowers
Where my loved ones knelt to pray.


An angel came to see me
She took me by the hand
She led me to a kingdom
In a very distant land.


As I look down from heaven
And see you standing there
Your heart so ever burdened
With more grief than it can bear.


I long to bring you comfort
I long to give you peace
I long to hold you closely
Cause all your tears to cease.


The joy I’ve found in heaven
Goes far beyond compare
The love that’s so elusive
Can be found here everywhere.


The light is softly shining
There’s no storm clouds here or rain
There’s no teardrops found in heaven
There’s no suffering, there’s no pain.


You needn’t be so troubled
Stay close to God and pray
That someday we’ll be together
One bright and glorious day.


So my love, you shouldn’t question
My dear you need not cry
I’ve gone to be with Jesus
I really didn’t die.


Author/Written By:
Marilyn Ferguson
©2004








Poems and Pictures, thanks to contribution of Grieving Mothers

TwitThis

1 comment:

Sympathy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Post a Comment