Saturday, January 21, 2012

Saturday's Sayings - You Can Never Prepare...




~ You Can Never Prepare For The Moments That Change Your Life ~



Saturday's Sayings


You Can Never Prepare...










*****




~Grieving Mothers



Grief has dropped a bomb in your life.

You are shattered, blasted, blown apart and all but nearly destroyed.

Amongst the shards, amongst the debris, you live.

You don't know how. You can't see.

You can do nothing but feel the pain that is within you and around you.

You don't understand, you will never understand.

You lay down amongst the rubble for you can do nothing else

and you cry, like you have never cried in your life before

and you think why me, why this?

And somehow

without knowing how

you uncurl yourself

and brush yet more tears from your face

and you walk.

You begin to pick up a shard,

a broken piece of your life here

and a broken piece there.

They don't fit together anymore, they can't.

There is no going back to what once was.

And as each tiny fragment begins to shape itself anew,

so do you.


Your shape is a stranger to you now and to everyone else.

Your pieces have become you.

They speak of your strength,

of your courage

and they speak of you,

the vulnerable you,

the broken you,

the loving you

and the wonderful you.


~Grieving Mothers




*****







*****



---- Grief Credo ----


˙
·٠ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ٠·


I believe grief is a process that involves a lot of time,

energy

and determination.

I won't "get over it" in a (hurry),

so don't rush me!

I believe grief is intensely personal.

This is my grief.

Don't tell me how I should be doing it.

Don't tell me what's right or what's wrong.

I'm doing it my way,

in my time.

I believe grief is affecting me in many ways.

I am being affected

spiritually,

physically,

emotionally,

socially and

mentally.

If I'm not acting like my old self,

it's because I'm not my old self

and some days even I

don't understand myself.

I believe I will be affected in some way by this loss for the rest of my life.

As I get older, I will have new insights into what this death means to me.

My loved one will continue to be part of my life and influence me until the day I die.

I believe I am being changed by this process.

I see life differently.

Some things that were once important to me aren't any more.

Some things I used to pay little or no attention to are now important.

I think a new me is emerging,

so don't be surprised -

and don't stand in the way.


~Writing Through Your Grief



*****






*****





THE AFTER LOSS CREDO


I need to talk about my loss.

I may often need to tell you what happened -

or to ask you why it happened.

Each time I discuss my loss, I am helping myself

face the reality of the death of my loved one.


I need to know that you care about me.

I need to feel your touch, your hugs.

I need you just to be "with" me.

(And I need to be with you.)

I need to know you believe in me and in my

ability to get through my grief in my own way.

(And in my own time.)


Please don't judge me now -

or think that I'm behaving strangely.

Remember I'm grieving.

I may even be in shock.

I may feel afraid. I may feel deep rage.

I may even feel guilty. But above all, I hurt.

I'm experiencing a pain unlike any I've ever felt before.


Don't worry if you think I'm getting better

and then suddenly I seem to slip backward.

Grief makes me behave this way at times.

And please don't tell me you "know how I feel,"

or that it's time for me to get on with my life.

(I am probably already saying this to myself.)

What I need now is

time

to grieve

and to recover.


Most of all, thank you for being my friend.

Thank you for your patience.

Thank you for caring.

Thank you for helping,

for understanding.

Thank you for praying for me.


And remember,

in the days or years ahead,

when you may have a loss

- when you need me

as I have needed you

- I will understand.

And then I will come

and be with you.


~Barbara Hills LesStrang




*****




No words I write can ever say,

How much I miss you everyday.

As time goes by the loneliness grows,

How I miss you, nobody knows.

I think of you in silence,

I often speak your name.

But all I have are memories

and a photo in a frame.

No one knows my sorrow.

No one sees me weep.

But the love I have for you,

Is in my heart to keep.

I've never stopped loving you--

I know I never will.

Deep inside my heart,

you are with me still.

Heartaches in this world are many,

But mine is worse than any.

My heart still aches as I whisper low,

"I love you and I miss you so."

The things we feel so deeply

are often the hardest to say,

But I just can't keep quiet anymore,

so I'll tell you anyway.

There is a place in my heart,

that no one else can fill.

I love you so, my precious child

. . . And I always will!


~author unknown


~shared by grieving mom Ethel Kowal, on her daughter Carissa's 2-year Angelversary




*****







*****

For some, especially for those whose interest relies heavily on pleasing everyone around them, wasting time on people who don't love them in an effort to try to convince those people to love them is a major part of their lives. If you are one of these people, it is time for you to make a change today. Life is way too short to waste time trying to convince someone that you are worthy to be loved. —


~My Attitude - My Life - My Rules




*****





What is an Angel Mom? She is a MOTHER first and foremost. She may have more than one child, but she has LOST a child to death. Some violent, some not...She is one of the strongest women you will ever meet. If you ask her though, she will say she is weak...She has so much love and compassion in her heart...she loves all her children equally...BUT she will ALWAYS miss her lost child...She will cry every night when she goes to bed...She will be OVER PROTECTIVE of her remaining children...because she KNOWS what can happen...It can be anywhere from 1 day to 50 years...but she will still cry for the child that is no longer there...So if you see her, mention her child's name...tell her that you remember them...because THAT IS ALL SHE WANTS...she will NEVER forget her child...but she fears ALL others will...just be KIND and let her know, no matter how long it has been, that you will ALWAYS remember her...child...too...


~Writing Through Your Grief



*****






*****




"Come to me all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and my burden is light."


~Matthew 11:28-30


*****






*****














Most Images (unless otherwise indicated) are thanks to ~Death of a Loved One, Quotes, Poems, and Resources

TwitThis

No comments:

Post a Comment