Sunday, October 23, 2011

Monday's Mourning Ministry - I Believe ~Diamond Rio




Monday's Mourning Ministry


I Believe


~Diamond Rio




For our children who are God's children who have gone on to Heaven, they have gone from death to Life and are now a part of that Great Cloud of Witnesses talked about in Hebrews 12:1. Yesterday, I stumbled upon this song by a group with whom I was unfamiliar, and was so touched by the message of their song.


It seems when I "commune" with my baby, there are no "blockages." It is as if we truly can commune from spirit to spirit. I did not go out seeking this communion. It is more like it was a gift from my Heavenly Father to help my grief process, for He calls us to live by faith, to "see" without seeing:


At the deepest pit of my grief about four months into my grief, I was experiencing paroxysms of grief, not knowing if I was going to be able to recover from such deep grief when suddenly, I experienced an internal "vision" of my baby girl's face smiling at me, as if to remind me she is not dead, she is alive, and she is right "here" with me!!!


Glimpsing her smile of such peace and well-being that stood as such contrast to my drastic desperation as I "heard" Merry Katherine commune something along the lines of, "It's okay Mommy. I'm Here!" (Here being Heaven, and yet available to me), my grief just seemed to melt into an inner peace that "All is okay. All is really okay!"


Since that occurrence, such an experience has happened many times, each time instantly bringing a renewed peace to by grief-torn soul. This song is about the closest I have come to hearing such a sweet communion described...






I Believe

~Diamond Rio



Every now and then,

soft as breath upon my skin,

I feel you come back again,

And it's like you haven't been

gone a moment from my side,

Like the tears were never cried,

Like the hands of time were holding you and me.


And with all my heart I'm sure,

we're closer than we ever were

I don't have to hear or see,

I've got all the proof I need,


There are more than angels watching over me,

I believe,

Oh I believe.


Now, when you die, your Life goes on

It doesn't end here when you're gone

Every soul is filled with light,

It never ends here, if I'm right

Our love can even reach across eternity

I believe,

Oh I believe



Forever you're a part of me

Forever in the heart of me

I would hold you even longer, if I can

Oh the people who don't see the most,

say that I believe in ghosts

If that makes me crazy, then I am

'Cause I believe,

Oh I believe:


There are more than angels watching over me,

I believe,

Oh I believe.


Every now and then,

soft as breath upon my skin,

I feel you come back again ~


And I believe.



*****



Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us.


~Hebrews 12:1










http://youtu.be/5vCjzJTw0ag


TwitThis

1 comment:

mcProdigal said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Post a Comment