Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Wednesday's Woe - Heart Wounds




Free Myspace Clipart Picture of a Broken Heart with Stitches. Click Here to Get Free Images at Clipart Guide.com



Wednesday's Woe


Heart Wounds




A lazy Sunday afternoon...

Fountain "creek" outside,

Feet propped up in a quiet room,

Husband by my side.


A peace flows through my body,

Birds chirping outside;

Gentle sun through my window prodding

Comforts me inside.


A phone call from fam'ly disrupts,

Inviting to chaos.

To reconnect threatens to tear me up;

It's too high a cost...


I am led to give it a chance;

Ent'ring the war zone,

Heart's protective bubble is lanced

Via simple phone.


Family toxins fill the air

Smother grieving mother;

Poisons from one who should care,

Former peace, smother.


In child-loss grief, where can we go

If loved ones attack?

When a loved one becomes a foe,

Who will watch our back?


Bodily wounds may quickly heal;

From heart wounds, I'll forever reel.













Broken Hearts Don't Always Mend Picture:

http://www.clipartguide.com/_pages/0808-0801-0313-4046.html

Poem - Heart Wounds - Angie Bennett Prince - 9/5/2011

Love is Pain Picture, thanks to Jill Compton


TwitThis

No comments:

Post a Comment