Thursday, August 4, 2011

Friday's Faith - More Losses, More Crosses





Friday's Faith


More Losses, More Crosses





The cleft is getting wider between us,

Our world's have fallen so far apart,

The clouds are getting thicker, ominous,

The passage between a soft and hard heart...



What have I done to you, but lost my child?

Is this then today's unpardonable sin?

My heart~though broken~ is tender and mild

While your heart seems harder, with bricks within.



Though I've lost my child, have you lost your heart?

My heavy loss fell outside my control.

My child's in heaven, we're so far apart,

But she and I can commune, soul to soul.



Yes, there have been many changes in me...

I cannot tolerate power struggles...

Where is your heart? Did it sail out to sea?

The changes in you my heart befuddles.



Does death expose continental divide,

Or does it shed light on one full of pride?

I lost my child, but I still have my soul;

I look for your heart and just see a hole.

I'll find my child again; I pray you'll find your soul.



We find relationships falling away,

People punitive if they can't have their way...

Loving them, we're left to face more losses,

Upon child-loss, left to bear more crosses...






Carry each other's burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ.


Galatians 6:2










Poem - More Losses, More Crosses - Angie Bennett Prince - 8/4/2011


TwitThis

1 comment:

Fran Dawson said...

Hi, just started a blog myself a few weeks ago. Our childrens birthdays were only four days apart. She is beautiful. I can't imagine living the rest of my life. I was in the midst of a "tough love" and thankfully we were going thru a time where things were ok. I take it one day at a time. No one could possibly know the journey we are on. I have to forgive those who think its time to get on with my life and carry on this lone journey. if you would like to read my blog it is
http://notesfromearthtoheaven.blogspot.com/
hope you will subscribe or whatever you do.

Post a Comment