Friday, July 8, 2011

Saturday's Sayings - Please Don't Tell Me... ~When Friends and Family Don't Understand Child-Loss Grief








Saturday's Sayings


Please Don't Tell Me...



~When Friends and Family Don't Understand Child-Loss Grief





“ . . . I could not shake off my grief, although it had been nearly four years since you died . . . I didn’t know that the sadness is never entirely gone; it lives on forever just below the skin. Without it I wouldn’t be who I am, or be able to recognize myself in the mirror. . . . I was as active as always and few people suspected my state of mind, but deep in my soul I was moaning. I developed a taste for solitude; I wanted only to be with my family; people bothered me, my friends were reduced to three or four. I was spent.”



~Isabel Allende in The Sum of Our Days 2008





*****





Please don't tell me you know how I feel,

Unless you have lost your child too,

Please don't tell me my broken heart will heal,

Because that is just not true,

Please don't tell me my son is in a better place,

Though it is true, I want him here with me,

Don't tell me someday I'll hear his voice, see his face,

Beyond today I cannot see,

Don't tell me it is time to move on,

Because I cannot,

Don't tell me to face the fact he is gone,

Because denial is something I can't stop,

Don't tell me to be thankful for the time I had,

Because I wanted more,

Don't tell me when I am my old self you will be glad,

I'll never be as I was before,

What you can tell me is you will be here for me,

That you will listen when I talk of my child,

You can share with me my precious memories,

You can even cry with me for a while,

And please don't hesitate to say his name,

Because it is something I long to hear everyday,

Friend please realize that I can never be the same,

But if you stand by me, you may like the new person I become someday.


~Author Unknown





*****




Don't Tell Me...



please dont tell me not to cry

please dont say there was a reason why

you dont know what i am feeling

or how much i hurt

the wet spots are from tears on the collar of my shirt

you think i should go on with life

forget about it and be strong

but deep down i am sad and i dont want to go along

i dont expect you to understand why

for no apparent reason i break down and start to cry

my life has changed forever you see

and that is why i am not acting like the same ole me

so please dont try to act like nothing happened

because its changed my life forever i will never be the same again

not today

not tomorrow

but never again

the best thing you can do for me is just be there just like always

be my friend

cause my broken heart will never mend.


~Author Unknown













Picture - thanks to Grieving Mothers
Poems - thanks to Grieving Mothers
Sorrow...love's legacy picture ~thanks to TeriAnn Sargent

TwitThis

No comments:

Post a Comment