Thursday, July 28, 2011

Friday's Faith - Psalms of Comfort





Friday's Faith


Psalms of Comfort





In Thee, O LORD, I have taken refuge;

Let me never be ashamed

In Thy righteousness deliver me.

Incline Thine ear to me, rescue me quickly;

Be Thou to me a rock of strength (refuge, protection);

A stronghold to save me.

For Thou art my rock and my fortress;

For Thy name's sake Thou wilt lead me and guide me....


For Thou art my strength.

Into Thy hand I commit my spirit;

Thou has ransomed me, O LORD, God of truth.


Be gracious to me, O LORD, for I am in distress;

My eye is wasted away from grief, my soul and my body also.

For my life is spent with sorrow,

And my years with sighing;

My strength has failed...

And my body has wasted away.


Because of all my adversaries, I have become a reproach,

Especially to my neighbors,

And an object of dread to my acquaintances;

Those who see me in the street flee from me.

I am forgotten as a dead man, out of mind,

I am like a broken vessel.

For I have heard the whispering of many,

Terror is on every side;

While they took counsel together against me,

They schemed to take away my life.


~Psalm 31:1-3,4b,9-13 NASB




Since I am afflicted and needy,

Let the LORD be mindful of me;

Thou art my help and my deliverer;

Do not delay, O my God.


~Psalm 40:17 NASB




Cast your burden (what He has given you)

upon the Lord, and He will sustain you.

He never will allow the righteous

to be shaken (to totter).


~Psalm 55:22 NASB










Picture, thanks to Jesus Daily Pics
Scripture taken from the New American Standard Bible

TwitThis

No comments:

Post a Comment