Monday, December 6, 2010

Tuesday's Trust - The Visit and The Flashback... ~ God's Sweet Grace When PTSD Hits Me at Work


Tuesday's Trust


The Visit and The Flashback...


God's Sweet Grace When PTSD Hits Me at Work




(I'm getting ready for work in the morn,

Usually a time when I might mourn...)


I'm preparing for work, putting make-up on

When she came to me today, from out of th' blue.

She smiled, said "Hi Mommy!" and then she laughed.


(Usually she comes to me when I'm blue,

When I'm crying so hard, I sob and gasp...)


I said, "Hi baby!" and then asked her why

now? with my expression so quizzical ~

She laughed at my look, "I'm just popping by!"

I too laughed at my look, so comical...


Soon after, I talked to a sad mother

in my office, and found myself flashed-back...

as I jumped from this day to another...

when it was my child's, not hers, life out of whack...


Instead of it sending me plummeting down,

I flashed to her (my baby's) face as she'd earlier come roun'.

I smiled to myself seeing what she'd done...

reminding me: She's alive, with God 'nd Son...!


My flashback faded as quickly as it had come...

Then I understood the reason she had come...

Thank you, my child, for your kindness ~ Well done!


I listen as my client describes her son...

Not missing a beat, we get our work done.


The graces of God rained down on this one!

Thank You! Sweet Father's Intervention done!











Picture: http://www.fotosearch.com/photos-images/quizzical.html
Poem - The Visit and The Flashback - Angie Bennett Prince - 12/4/10 - 2 a.m.
*PTSD - Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (that so often comes with Child-Loss Grief)

TwitThis

No comments:

Post a Comment