Friday, October 8, 2010

Friday's Faith - Joy in the Mourning...





Friday's Faith

Joy in the Mourning...


Amidst deepest torment, God leads me to meditate as I sit in a warm spa...


Joy in the Mourning...



Frolicking in th' Living Waters with them ~

My laughing Savior and my little girl,

I went from deep sadness to such a fun whim,

Playing in the waters, carried by Him...



He'd lift my feet up, then He'd pull me in~

I'd glance over at her, see her great big grin...

He'd hold me up high, then pull me under,

Her laughter rolled out like peals of thunder.



Thank You for Your gift of sweetest Transport,

Seeing th' joy of my Savior, th' laughter of her...

(Who'd left us for a beach trip that did abort,

Leaving us in sadness of the direst sort...)



I learned tonight You not only bring Joy in the Morning,

But You preciously supply Joy in the Mourning!

Even though death and mourning caught that day without warning,

How nice to see laughter now, my Savior and child adorning!



*****



I will turn their mourning into gladness;

I will give them comfort and joy instead of sorrow.

~Jeremiah 31:13b



...In all our troubles my joy knows no bounds...

~2 Corinthians 7:4b



Be joyful in hope...

~Romans 12:12a



Weeping may remain for a night, but rejoicing comes in the morning.

~Psalm 30:5



You turned my wailing into dancing;

You removed my sack cloth and clothed me with joy,

that my heart may sing to You and not be silent.

O Lord my God, I will give You thanks forever.

~Psalm 30:11-12









Picture: http://picturesofjesus4you.com/images/messiah_lars_justinen.jpg

Poem - Joy in the Mourning - Angie Bennett Prince - 10/5/10

TwitThis

No comments:

Post a Comment