Friday, February 19, 2010

Friday's Faith - "A Dozen Roses" ~Alan Pedersen








Friday's Faith -



"A Dozen Roses"


~Alan Pedersen




After celebrating Valentine's Day this week...I want to share this poignant Valentine's poem that grieving-father Alan Pedersen wrote for his 18-year-old baby girl who has been in Heaven since August, 2001:




A Dozen Roses

By Alan Pedersen



If I had a dozen roses, I know just what I’d do

I’d give each one a name that reminded me of you

The first rose I’d call sunshine, because you brighten everyday

The second would be beauty, the kind that never goes away

The third rose would be priceless, like those hugs you gave to me

I’d name the fourth rose silly, oh how funny you could be

Rose five of course is patience, something you have helped me find

The sixth rose would be memories, the gift you left behind

The seventh and the eighth rose would for sure be faith and grace

Nine would be unique because no one can take your place

The tenth rose well that’s easy, I’d simply name it love

Eleven would be angel, I know you’re watching from above

I’d think about that twelfth rose, and I’d really take my time

After all these roses are for you my Valentine

I’m sending them to heaven in every color that I know

So twelve I’ll name forever, that’s how long I’ll love you so




Alan Pedersen has been performing for more than 25 years. An accomplished singer and award winning songwriter, he spent several years writing and recording music in Nashville, Tennessee. Alan has had several songs recorded by other artists. Alan has worked as an actor, stand-up comedian, keynote speaker/emcee, and in radio as a network news and sports reporter for Westwood One Communications. Currently living in Englewood, Colorado, Alan is the father of four boys and an angel. Reach him through? www.everashleymusic.com.











Picture of roses from http://bit.ly/atu5V7
Alan Pedersen's website: www.everashleymusic.com


TwitThis

No comments:

Post a Comment