Friday, January 29, 2010

Friday's Faith - My Child's Lifeline to Me: The Cord



Photobucket





Friday's Faith


My Child's Lifeline to Me





The Cord


We are connected,

My child and I, by

An invisible cord

Not seen by the eye.



It's not like the cord

That connects us 'til birth

This cord can't be seen

By any on Earth.



This cord does it's work

Right from the start.

It binds us together

Attached to my heart.



I know that it's there

Though no one can see

The invisible cord

From my child to me.



The strength of this cord

Is hard to describe.

It can't be destroyed,

It can't be denied.



It's stronger than any cord

Man could create;

It withstands the test,

Can hold any weight.



And though you are gone,

Though you're not here with me,

The cord is still there

But no one can see.


It pulls at my heart

I am bruised...I am sore,

But this cord is my lifeline

As never before.



I am thankful that God

Connects us this way

A mother and child...

Death can't take it away!



Author Unknown




******




Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses...


~Hebrews 12:1a NIV




(Jesus replied,) "But about the resurrection of the dead--have you not read what God said to you, 'I am the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob'?

He is not the God of the dead but of the living."

When the crowds heard this, they were astonished at His teaching.


~Matthew 22:31-33 NIV




(Jesus replied,) "...and they can no longer die; for they are like the angels. They are God's children, since they are children of the resurrection. But in the account of the bush, even Moses showed that the dead rise, for he calls the Lord 'the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob.'

He is not the God of the dead, but of the living, for to Him all are alive."


~Luke 20:36-38 NIV




(Jesus answered,) I tell you the truth, he who believes has everlasting life. I am the bread of life. Your forefathers ate the manna in the desert, yet they died. But here is the bread that comes down from heaven, which a man may eat and not die. I am the living bread that came down from heaven.

If a man eats of this bread, he will live forever...


John 6:47-51a NIV




Jesus said to her, I am the resurrection and the life.

He who believes in Me will live, even though he dies."


John 11:25 NIV











Holy Scripture - NIV - New International Version
graphic from photobucket.com:

http://s917.photobucket.com/albums/ad19/lom_2009/Decorated%20images/?action=view&current=heart-quote-1.gif

TwitThis

No comments:

Post a Comment