Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Tuesday’s Trust - I Looked for Comfort…




Tuesday’s Trust





I Looked for Comfort…




Tweet for Twitter this week:

Grief's such a bear-it weakens all life’s coping mechanisms & exacerbates any "crack" u might have in any parts of ur heart/soul/foundation.




Last week was a horrendous one for us. It was frightening and debilitating as we both felt the hyper-vigilance and hyper-startle reactions that often come with grief. I did cry out to God a great deal for His intervention in the crisis, intervention that He did graciously provide…



But I was so frozen and so numb, that I did notice I could not seem to sit before Him with His Word in hand to meditate and ponder His perspective. I think I was too agitated to rest in Him.



But, when I finally meditated this weekend, I pictured Him lovingly cradling me in His arms, effectively taking me straight out of earth’s frantic anxieties into His arms in Heaven and into what really matters for all eternity… His comfort was overwhelmingly sweet as His love cradled me, and my wounded heart. The tears came, and then a smile, as I began to notice that His peace that passes understanding effectively was saturating my body, soul and spirit with His calm…



This poem addresses my frenetic searching for relief this week while forgetting it only comes when I am sweetly ensconced in my Lord’s loving presence and embrace.



******


I looked for comfort

and did not realize I need Him, my Comforter…







I looked for peace

and did not realize I need Him, my Prince of Peace.






I looked for quiet

and did not realize HE IS my still water to walk by,

my green pastures in which to lie down.





I looked for healing

and did not realize I need Him—HE IS my Great Physician.






Apart from Him, I can do nothing;

Apart from Him, nothing can satisfy.




HE is my Comfort, my Peace, my Quiet, my Healing.








To come into His arms and be cradled is to be loved—

His love brings me Comfort, Peace, Quiet, and Healing…




He is my Living Water who quenches the raging fires of Grief.






He is my Comforter who brings me sweet Relief…






******


And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Philippians 4:7



For his unfailing love toward those who fear Him
 is as great as the height of the heavens above the earth.
 The Lord is like a father to His children, tender and compassionate to those who fear him.
 For He knows how weak we are; 
He remembers we are only dust.



Psalm 103:11,13-14



My child, be attentive to My words; incline your ear to My sayings. Do not let them escape from your sight; keep them within your heart. For they are life to those who find them, and healing to all their flesh.

Proverbs 4:20-22












Love is the path Picture http://twitpic.com/gbmde by Marcome

Girl being comforted,Boy with bear pictures: http://www.fotosearch.com/photos-images/comfort.html

http://picturesofjesus4you.com/images/suffer_children.jpg
httpn://picturesofjesus4you.com/images/lost_lamb_parson.jpg

Pinaus Lake in British Columbia - www.Kathika.com

Widows Tears in Yosemite National Park in California - www.Kathika.com


Poem - I Looked for Comfort... - Angie Bennett Prince - 11/16/09

TwitThis

No comments:

Post a Comment